The CVT-485A-1 is another version of our popular model CVT-485-1. It is a slim, rugged, industrial-grade, port-powered, bi-directional RS232 to RS485 converter, which can be used to convert any standard unbalanced RS-232C port into a two-wire half-duplex balanced RS485 port and vice versa.
This industrial RS232 to RS485 converter operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), features 600W surge protection and 15kV static protection, and comes with a built-in 120-Ohm terminator for system reliability and easy installation. The unit is efficiently powered from the RS232 data line; it also supports data direction auto-turnaround, which automatically enables the RS485 transceiver when data is present on the RS232 side. Therefore, it requires no external power, software drivers or flow control, making the unit a highly reliable and truly plug-and-play device. The built-in 120-Ohm terminator (default: OFF) can be turned ON through a simple jumper wire, thus making the unit an ideal solution for all types of installations. The unit is backed by our 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee and 5-year replacement warranty.
Baud rates: 300 to 115.2K Baud.
Declaration of Conformity |
Slim RS232 to RS485 Converter data sheet
FEATURES (INDUSTRIAL RS232 TO RS485 CONVERTER / ADAPTER)
- Designed for fast installation and space-restricted applications.
- Converts RS232 to 2-wire RS485 and vice versa.
- 300 to 115.2K Baud operation (auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Built-in 120Ω end-of-line terminator for system reliability and easy installation.
- Industrial grade with temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), surge (600W) and static protection (15kV).
- Port-powered, no external power or RTS, DTR required.
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Data direction auto-turnaround, no software drivers or flow control required.
- No drivers needed.
- Built-in surge protection, static protection and circuit protection.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-090012).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.